Everybody wants to look good. That is a fact that no one can refute. However, not everyone is blessed enough with perfect features that could pass any modelling or front cover stint.
Though one’s physical attributes aren’t the only basis for truly appreciating a person, it’s important to look and feel good about oneself.As such, some resort to undergo cosmetic procedures at https://themedispaclinic.com.au/ to enhance some facial features they deem are imperfect.
Among the cosmetic surgical procedures available at https://themedispaclinic.com.au/, the most common is rhinoplasty. Otherwise known as plastic nose surgery, this procedure is common in most parts of the world. However, just like other medical procedures, it does not come without myths.
Let us debunk some of the most common myths associated with rhinoplasty and see for yourselves what you can expect with this procedure.
Rhinoplasty myths and the truth behind them
- One can get desired nose shape with rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty is highly dependent on the characteristic of the nose’s osseus structures and soft tissues.
- One should only opt for rhinoplasty after consulting with a qualified plastic surgeon.
- Rhinoplasty is a painful procedure.
- During the procedure, surgeon uses general anesthesia. So, the patient cannot feel pain or even the slightest discomfort while it’s done.
- Discomfort after the procedure is easily managed with anesthetics and appropriate medical care.
- Scars are not visible after the operation.
- Scars are visible a few days after the procedure, especially if an open technique is used.
- After a few months or a even a year later, however, these scars are barely noticeable if done by qualified surgeons.
- Your nose will be eye-catching after the procedure.
- Avoid having the procedure done by unskilled surgeons or trainees to avoid mishaps.
- Nose becomes fragile, requiring special care after rhinoplasty.
- Nose becomes vulnerable to injuries during the post-operative healing period.
- Nasal strength isn’t affected. In fact, it becomes stronger due to the formation of bone corns as a result of the operation.
If you have any questions regarding rhinoplasty, feel free to clarify them with your trusted cosmetic surgeon.